There was no rest after the initial launch of new beta for our MongoDB hosting service. Jon Wage has been busy adding functionality to what we feel will be an incredible MongoDB GUI and late last night we launched a bunch of new features to make sure this is the best service in the market. Here is a list of new features you will find in the Control Panel:
- Import from local mongodb database in the same server
- Import from remote mongodb server
- Import from a remote MySQL server or by uploading a MySQL dump file
- Integration with variety to analyze collection schemas
- Nice JSON editor for documents
- Server stats page with Mongostat information
- Ability to create capped collections
- Ability to add geo spatial indexes
- Ability to search collection with json query
- Document preview in collections list
- Ability to rename fields
- Convert normal collections to be capped
- Lots of bug fixes and tweaks
We will keep knocking out features on our list, but we also want to hear from you. What are you looking for in your MongoDB hosting service? What’s missing? What would be awesome? Help us build a great service, send us your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give you a $10 discount on any ServerGrove service (expires Jun 1st 2012/excludes Mini).
Remember if you are an existing customer, login to the Control Panel and add your MongoDB Trial service to try it out. Otherwise you can signup for the beta invitations which we will start sending out very soon.