We have been working for a few months now building a knowledge base application to replace our previous KB site. We soft-launched the new http://kb.servergrove.com a couple of weeks ago. The KnowledgeBase application is built using the Symfony2 CMF project.
We decided to release the entire KB app as an open source project, you can go clone the repo, run a few commands and have a fully functional knowledge base system in a couple of minutes.
Here are some of the features:
- Complete Administration UI
- Multiple Users, with admin and editor privileges
- Multiple categories
- Categories and Articles can be localized in multiple languages
- Articles content can be written in HTML or Markdown
- Easy to skin, based on Bootstrap
- Live preview on article editing page
We hope you find this useful, and look forward to enhance the feature list with your contributions!
Github repository: https://github.com/servergrove/KnowledgeBase