Like many developers and designers who work years on a product, we end up only seeing what can be made better, that’s what keeps us going, we need to make it “perfect”, but once in a while it’s nice to be able to look at it with fresh eyes. Everyone here at ServerGrove was humbled and extremely excited about winning this years Symfony Awards for Best B2B Website. Everyone except Pablo, who is excited, humbled and kicking himself for missing his first SymfonyCon in years and not being there to accept the award. Warsaw: it looked fun.
We would like to thank the judges at SymfonyCon Warsaw for the award.
We would also like to thank our customers, really, it would not have been possible without you. The control panel was built based on feedback and suggestions from our customer base. Improvements and tweaks were a direct result of the constant feedback provided by users. Keep it up! We like to hear from you :)
None of this would have been possible without our incredible team! It’s an honor to work with such a talented group of people who make us want to be better at what we do every day.
Finally we would like to thank the Symfony community. You guys are awesome. Symfony is awesome!
I write this as we are deep into development of our third version of the control panel, and there are some exciting things on the way. We might as well take this opportunity to share a few things coming down the pipeline:
- The front end is being re-written in AngularJS as a Single Page Application and will be released open source. It will blow your mind away!
- The API is being rewritten using the RestBundle for full REST compatibility. It will also support OAuth authentication.
- Persistent terminal, filemanager and log files that are available from any part of the control panel.
- The new filemanager is freaking incredible.
- The new control panel will work on other hosting providers, not just ServerGrove.
- Of course it’s responsive.
There are also a ton of tweaks and optimisations: faster, better, and fun to use. Stay tuned!